Vaseline has been around since 1870, with its original purpose as a product to cure chapped skin. However, Vaseline has become more than just a medicinal ointment over time – it is also an incredible multi-purpose beauty product! While you may already use Vaseline on lips or cuticles, have you ever considered utilizing this petroleum jelly for unexpected beauty hacks? From DIY eyebrow tints to eyebrow gels, there are countless unique ways that Vaseline’s versatility can be explored in beauty and makeup routines. Find out how you can maximize the power of this household favorite by reading through our list of amazing and unexpected uses for Vaseline in your everyday regimen.
Try these surprising uses of Vaseline for beauty tricks and transformations
- Use it to get rid of frizzy hair: A small amount of Vaseline can be used as a makeshift anti-frizz serum when applied directly to the ends and flyaways of your hair. This trick will help keep pesky strands in place while adding shine.
- Create natural looking lip gloss: Mix together some Vaseline, food colouring and your favourite essential oil for a simple DIY lip gloss that adds just enough shine without being overly glossy or sticky.
- Get long lasting eyeliner look: Applying Vaseline along the lash line before applying eyeliner helps set the color and prevents smudging throughout the day.
- Use it as an eyebrow gel: Vaseline will do the trick if you’re looking for a natural and affordable way to keep your brows in place. Apply a small amount of petroleum jelly along each brow for an all-day hold.
- Use it as an overnight hair mask: Apply Vaseline from root to tip and sleep with it overnight for a deep conditioning treatment to help restore damaged strands and give them a healthy shine.
- Make your lipstick last longer: Applying Vaseline to your lips before swiping on lipstick helps create lasting colors that won’t smudge or fade away during the day.
- Combat dry cuticles: Rubbing some Vaseline around your nails can help combat dryness and keep your cuticles looking smooth and healthy.
- Soften skin: Applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly to your entire body before hopping in the shower is an easy way to give your skin some extra TLC. The Vaseline will create a barrier between your skin and the water, trapping moisture so that it doesn’t evaporate after you step out.
- Soothe chapped noses from colds or allergies: A little bit of Vaseline applied directly to the nasal area can help keep it moisturized and alleviate discomfort caused by dryness. This trick can be especially helpful for those who suffer from chronic sinus problems or hay fever.
- Remove makeup: Swiping some petroleum jelly on a cotton pad and wiping it over your eyelids and face can help easily remove stubborn makeup without scrubbing or rubbing it harshly. Plus, its natural properties will help keep skin hydrated while you cleanse away the day.
- Make a soothing massage oil: Mixing equal parts of Vaseline with olive or coconut oil creates an inexpensive and easy-to-make massage oil that won’t leave behind a greasy residue. In addition, Vaseline helps lock in moisture while providing extra slip for easier application.
- Soften heels: Apply a thin layer of Vaseline to your feet directly before bedtime to soften dry and cracked heels overnight. After applying it, put on a pair of socks to keep the jelly from getting onto your sheets.
- Heal cracked fingertips: The same trick can help heal dry, cracked fingers. Apply a small amount of Vaseline before bedtime and wake up with softer skin in the morning.
- Tame flyaway hairs: Rubbing just a dab of Vaseline along those pesky flyaways helps keep them in place without leaving any sticky residue or flakes. This trick is especially helpful if you’ve recently dyed your hair, as it will help keep color locked-in while maintaining shine.
- Makeup remover for eyeshadow: Have stubborn eyeshadow that won’t budge no matter how hard you scrub? Use a cotton ball and some petroleum jelly to break down the pigment and easily remove it without tugging or pulling at delicate skin.
- Shine your shoes: Rubbing a small amount of Vaseline onto leather shoes helps give them an extra shine while protecting against water damage and scuffs. This easy trick is great for keeping your sneakers looking like new even after lots of wear and tear!
- Remove gum from hair: Got gum stuck in your hair? Don’t worry—rub some Vaseline along the affected area until the gum starts to break down, then use a comb to remove any residue left behind carefully.
Discover the amazing benefits of petroleum jelly for skin care
Petroleum jelly has been around for over 150 years and is still one of the most popular skin care products today. It’s a highly effective moisturizer that helps keep your skin feeling soft and smooth while protecting against dryness, windburn, chapping, and other irritations. In addition, Petroleum jelly is a great choice for nourishing skin with long-lasting moisture without harsh chemicals or fragrances.
When applied to the skin, petroleum jelly provides an oily barrier that locks in moisture and helps protect it from environmental elements like cold air and sun exposure. This makes it especially useful as a moisturizer during winter when temperatures and humidity levels are lower. Petroleum jelly can even help protect certain body areas from irritants such as detergents or fabric softeners.
Petroleum jelly also has antibacterial and antifungal properties, making it a great choice for anyone with skin conditions like acne or eczema. It can help soothe inflammation and reduce redness, preventing bacteria from spreading on the skin’s surface. Additionally, petroleum jelly can protect minor cuts, scrapes, and burns while increasing healing time.
Finally, petroleum jelly is affordable for those looking to keep their skin hydrated without breaking the bank. Petroleum jelly is easy to find in most drugstores and supermarkets, and a little goes a long way when it comes to hydrating your skin!